Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Day 140 - NE 1:1 Summit Reflection: “Coming Out As a Leader” - Sidd Srivastava - BHS Junior



“The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun”
-Christopher McCandless.
Being new to place changes everything in your life. You have to make new friends, a new reputation and new personality. In other words, you have a rebirth. There are also many advantages and disadvantages of being new to a place. I feel so happy when I say that I had many advantages, and I was given the opportunity to portray my advantages at the NE Summit 1:1 held at Burlington High School.
It was a great place. I saw many people with many electronic devices showing off their great works representing their respective school. I was so glad but nervous, when I was told that I was the only one who will be representing our school.
So, I went there, with my iPad and my dear laptop. I then used team-viewer as a tool to set up a remote network so that people could also see my work on my laptop. It was a wonderful experience, I got to meet many new people, they saw my work, and praised me for it. I told them about my past projects such building up a programming club in our school, my present projects such as helping Mr. Morino with the 3d printed arm and my future projects such as making a anti-cyber bullying club at our school. They were so happy after listening to my works. But the thing that impacted me the most was the “respect” for me in their eyes.
Coming out as a leader was less of a responsibility and more of a fun time for me. There was also an end presentation where the visitors were allowed to ask any questions they wanted. For the first time in my life, I got to speak in-front of so many people about myself which was a wonderful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment