Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day 11 - New Teacher Spotlight - Mrs. Lynch - MSMS Blog

This post originally appeared on the MSMS Blog
IMG_3700
Mrs. Lynch comes to us from Pine Glen Elementary and is happy to be 6B’s new science Teacher. Mrs. Lynch had this to say about her background and hopes for this year:
Hello my name is Jane Lynch and I’m very happy to be joining the 6th grade B team this year as the new Science teacher.  I was a third grade teacher at the Pine Glen Elementary School for thirteen years prior to moving to MSMS.  Before receiving my Masters of Education I worked in the medical field as a laboratory supervisor .  
Science has been my passion ever since my middle school years.  I look forward to teaching Earth science and providing many hands-on opportunities for students to  engineer and explore the natural world .  I am the  2013 recipient of the  North Shore Science Supervisors Association  Award  of Excellence in Science teaching ,and have also presented at the NSTA  Boston convention with Sean Musselman.   Many of my hobbies are science based and I am the proud owner of 6 chickens here in town.  I have recently been appointed to a three year term on the Conservation Commission to help protect our town’s natural resources and wetlands.   Often times you will hear me say “Science is life!”
IMG_3697
Mrs. Lynch goes over directions before starting the lab timer.
IMG_3695
Mrs. Lynch goes over lab results from class the previous day.
Mrs. Lynch's students engineer structures out of spaghetti and marshmallows.
Mrs. Lynch’s students engineer structures out of spaghetti and marshmallows.
We’d like to welcome Mrs. Lynch to MSMS and wish her and her students a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment