Monday, June 15, 2015

Day 172 - Tame the Email Monster with Inbox by GMail - Diana Marcus - BPS Mobile Learning Coach

This post first appeared on Ms. Marcus' Blog

It’s Monday morning and you cringe as you check your email.  If you’ve set up folders or are using GMail’s priority inboxing options, you may at least have the advantage of knowing which emails need your immediate attention and which ones should be able to wait.  More likely, you are faced with a chronological list through which you now have to slog, separating the wheat from the chaff, all while hoping that there’s no time-sensitive missive far down the list.

For the past couple of years, I’ve used Mailbox to help manage my email inbox which seems to overflow whenever I take my eye off of it for so much as a minute. Now, many of the features I like in Mailbox, such as an easy swipe to hide an email until a given date or time, are available in Inbox by Gmail, along with some additional features that should work well for my busy schedule.

I especially like the way that timely emails, such as those that contain dinner reservations or flight information pop to the top as the time draws near. No more booking your flight in January and then having to desperately search for the confirmation email in July as you get ready to leave for your vacation.

As in Mailbox, I can set a date for an email to return to the top of my mail list. I set the email with instructions for dropping my son off at college to pop up a day before we start our road trip.

Organize your long-term to-do list and create reminders that pop up when it is time to get things done. Great for that  list of things you want to remember to do at the start of the next school year.

Take a look at this video for an overview to see if you want to take it out for a test drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment