Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 88 - Meet The Techie Ladies of BHS - Mira Mehdi - BHS Senior

This post originally appeared on Mira's Blog

I present, the Techie Ladies video. It is finally here. After 2-3 long months of editing and filming, I have finally finished this video. The reason it took so long was not because of my editing capabilities, but because I chose the busiest 2-3 months of my senior year to create it. However, it is finally finished, and the outcome is better than anything I could have ever imagined.
I am a female BHS Help Desk member, with only three other girls (Cat, Kristin, and Kelsey). We are leading the way for young women in technology. We hope our abilities to problem solve, create, and innovate with technology in the classroom are an inspiration to other young girls who are passionate about STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)! The Techie Ladies video I made was a parody of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies.” We used the music in the background, however changed every single word. I had my teacher, Mrs. Scheffer, as well as another AP chorus student, Emily Frost, to record the lyrics. I had them record their voices through the microphone on my Apple headset, and then I put it right into Garage Band to auto-tune… not that is was necessary. As a matter of fact, Mrs. Scheffer was a theater major and so this project was right up her ally. This took about 10 takes but we had a blast making it. After I edited it, I decided to get footage and girls in our high school doing things that corresponded with our lyrics. Surprisingly, it wasn’t that hard at all. I barely had to have people act since what they were doing, before I approached them, was what we wanted them to do. Everyone’s contributions were great, and I even gave them credit at the end. The making of this video was truly a collaborative effort.
So after 3 long months, here is the final product. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it

No comments:

Post a Comment