Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 32 - What A Great Day! - Diane Jefferson - Francis Wyman Elementary First Grade

This post originally appeared on Live in 105 - Mrs. Jefferson's Blog 


We couldn't have asked for a nicer day for our farm field trip! The kids were extremely well behaved and the farm staff, and the animals of course, we're great. A special thank you to my chaperones for their help making our trip a big success. We were able to feed and pet the animals and take a hayride to get a closer look and learn about the larger animals grazing in the fields. After a picnic lunch,  the children were able to enjoy the playground or see more of the animals.


In our classroom we will be finishing up our farm study and the children will be bringing home their farm books and animals. We will be learning about bats next and writing some spooky stories to get us ready for Halloween!

Hey, I see more kids coming!


Hey ma, can I keep him?

Did you bring me food?

Chicks are very small

I'll just watch!

I don't know why noone volunteers to hold me!

I know what it's called.


 Hey, wait for us!!
Don't be alarmed, I just want a little nibble.

Is this where the horseshoe goes? Mirror, mirror on the hoof.
I think I can hear the farm!
Maybe I'll make a hat out of it.

These goats love me!

I'm not afraid of  a big, black bull!

I think they want to eat my hat!

Open wide and say, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We could sneak her on the bus!

Just having fun with my friendsl

I'll show you how it's done!

This bouncy house is awesome!

Whee! Look out skeleton coming through!

I'm going to catch you!
What a great day at the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment