Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day 97 - Celebrating Chinese New Year at BPS - Christina Chang, BHS Art Teacher

This post originally appeared on Ms. Chang's website

Gung Hay Fat Choy! Happy Chinese New Year. I had the pleasure of celebrating with many students last week.. I had the chance to visit classes and teach Chinese Brush painting techniques to my classes and share stories of my family history. Thank you to (Francis Wyman first grade teacher) Ms. Farmer for her great blog post.
Picture
A. and I read to her first grade class about Chinese New Year traditions.
Picture
M. mounted his painting that he created in art class
Picture
The fourth graders in Ms. Kerr's art class created brush paintings that are on display in the Francis Wyman office.
Picture
K. practiced painting with a bamboo brush
Picture
C. learned some new painting techniques and created a painting of bamboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment