Thursday, April 12, 2018

Day 131 - Keys to Literacy in Action in the Art Classroom - Ms. Chang - BHS Art

This year we had wonderful training on Keys to Literacy. I learned helpful techniques to better engage students in reading and writing in my classroom.

Here is a link to the school system's blog with loads of resources and samples:
http://keysinburlington.blogspot.com/
I was a test pilot for the Scholastic Art Magazine this year and worked to incorporate readings and discussions from these magazines. The students found the articles interesting and engaging. I would highly recommend the magazine as it offered insight into contemporary and historic artists and gave the students relevant articles and high-quality images of a wide variety of works of art.

Below is the template that I used for two column notes and a student sample based on an article about the sculpture " Fearless Girl".

Picture
Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment