Thursday, September 7, 2017

Day 3 - Laying the Groundwork and Icebreakers - Mr. Parkin - BHS History Dept.

This post first appeared on Mr. Parkin's Blog

After 6 consecutive years of running my blog as a daily routine and posting assignments, videos, Ted Talks, primary/secondary sources of history, and many other resources for my students as we worked through the curriculum, I have decided to sadly end the student daily postings. This will no longer be the main resource center driving student work and outcomes. More importantly, I have embraced Google Classroom as the primary engine pushing resources and student work flow.  However, I plan to utilize Mr. Parkin's blog as a reflection of my teaching practices and a celebration of student work. Therefore, my blog is not finished completely, but rather a place to build and cultivate a remaking process in which I can ultimately become a more reflective and better teacher. 

Day 1 was a success in that I organized my classes on Google Classroom so that every one of them signed up for GC, put students in assigned seats, and began my ice-breaker on Find Someone Who...

Rules and Outcomes: Many thanks to Dr. Amy Fast, Assistant Principal at Mcminnville High School in Oregon @fastcranny and Massachusetts own Ms. Beth Hughes @MsBethHughes from Wakefield High School for the great idea. 


Looking forward to getting to know my students and building relationships with them on Day 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment