This post first appeared on Ms. Phillips Blog
Once again, Marshall Simonds Middle School students have had more pieces published (8) than any other school represented in the latest edition of The Marble Collection, an outstanding High School level arts magazine. The mission of The Marble Collection (TMC) is to cultivate creativity and excellence in the arts by engaging teen artists and writers in a publication process that affirms their voices and deepens their learning. Student work is selected from roughly 600 works submitted annually through their website. Participating teens are represented by more than 200 public and private schools and community organizations across the state.
The Marble Collection Magazine is a juried, professional-quality publication, and the only statewide print-and-online magazine of the arts featuring artwork, photography, poetry, creative writing and spoken-word poetry videos by Massachusetts students in grades 8 to 12.
Congratulations to the following MSMS students and to all students throughout the State who have work published in the Winter 2017 Edition:
- Layla Robinson – My Grandmother, photography
- Sarah Owens – Lost in the Crowd, photography
- Olivia Perry – Raindrops on Rose, photography
- Julia Papasodoro – Brad the Artist, photography
- Sydney Craig – Rose Colors, photography
- Aaron Rippin- Chalkboard, photography
- Hailey Woods – From the Roots, photography
- Neil Pandit – 4th of July, photography