Friday, September 5, 2014

Day 4 - Welcome Back - Christina Chang, BHS Art Department

This post first appeared on Ms. Chang's Blog

I had a delightful day meeting interesting and creative young adults. I am always impressed by my students. They were happy to be in school (well most of them!), engaging and wonderful to be around. I was most impressed by my homeroom students who got to know three new students. They showed them around, helped out with their schedules and made these new students feel welcome.

Getting to know my students is top priority. I mean really get to know who they are- what they like and dislike, what they are passionate about and what art they are interested in creating.

Today I discovered that I have students who like to dye their hair, teenagers who love to draw and some who hate it but love sculpting. I have the captain of the football team, students who play four sports, love to dance and students who are in the band. I have students who want to be architects and engineers and even a student who gave a TED talk in the TEDx club. Impressive right! 

It is going to be a great year getting to know these young, creative individuals!

This year I am focusing on having fun in all of my classes....so here is an entertaining video to start off the year! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment